Employment Opportunity – Program Support Worker (Union position) – Kapuskasing
Competition #: 24-12R
Location: Kapuskasing, ON
Job type: Full Time – 35 hours per week
Closing Date: March 7, 2024 @ 4:30 PM
Salary: Starting at $42,132 per annum
What you’ll do in the role
- Receives, reviews and screens mail, email, voicemail, telephone calls and faxes on behalf of the service team and where appropriate exercises independent judgment.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of documentation on behalf of the service team including e-mails, memos, letters, reports, and related documents and ensures the accuracy of grammar and spelling.
- Arranges meetings and appointments; prepares agendas and takes and distributes minutes; coordinates all rooms and facilitates bookings as required; arranges room set-up; orders audio-visual materials and refreshments, etc.
- Arranges transportation for children at home or in care to attend a variety of appointments, visits, meetings and/or court.
- Maintains, revises, distributes, and archives Client Services policies and procedures in hard copy and electronic formats in accordance with the agency’s policy on records storage and retention.
- Ensures client records, documents, case recordings and case notes are up to date.
- Provides coverage for the Executive Assistant position and Reception as required.
- Participates on a variety of internal committees and work teams as required.
- Provides support to members of the service team during the investigation of allegations of child abuse and/or maltreatment inclusive of conducting thorough records checks.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member and willing to assume duties as may be required or directed.
Just a few reasons to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
- Opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team with career growth across multiple departments.
- KCFS prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, and a safe working environment.
- Training opportunities to support your success in the role.
- A defined contribution benefit pension plan (OMERS)
- Comprehensive Health Plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Competitive vacation leaves
What you bring to the table
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field (social service worker, child & youth worker, etc.), also, relevant post-secondary diploma/certificate in office administration or equivalent; combination of education and experience within a human service environment may be considered.
- 1-3 years related experience in office administration with progressively responsible administrative responsibilities.
- Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- The ability to speak a native language is considered a major asset.
- Demonstrate excellent planning, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with a variety of internal and external contacts, oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s licence, be willing to travel, able to work flexible hours, able to work independently and provide on-call services when required.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to: [email protected], or by fax to 705-266-9122
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify.
Meegwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.