Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: Accounting Clerk – (Union Position)
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
STATUS: Full Time – 35 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: January 18, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Finance Manager, Accounting Clerk will extract and analyze reports from the data systems maintained by the agency and as required by Senior Management for the Board of Directors or the funding Ministry(ies). The Accounting Clerk is responsible to the agency to meet its Foster Care accountability requirements and provide administrative support to the finance and administration department.
ESENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:
- Complete the forms and reports as required, associated with the information systems as requested by the Finance Manager;
- Prepare the quarterly and annual Indian Affairs reports;
- Generate predefined quarterly and annual statistics reports;
- Verify the legal status of children in care in a monthly basis;
- Ensures confidentiality and safeguarding of all agency and client records
- Collaborates with the Finance Manager in the administration of Foster Care payroll activities as required;
- Maintains organized Foster Care filing and accounting records and systems;
- Liaises with Care givers to follow-up and resolve incorrect invoice and billing errors;
- Consult directly with Finance Manager when issues are encountered; and
Ensures all transactions are in compliance with the Financial and Alternative Care Policies
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting, business or other related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and abilities to prioritize multiple demands.
- Must demonstrate technical competence in a variety of MS applications and financial software applications.
- Must have experience working with First Nations people.
- Must produce clear Criminal Record Check.
- Ability to speak a native language considered a major asset.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package and opportunities for professional development.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to [email protected], by fax to 705 266 9122 or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, ON P4N 2H7
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.