Employment Opportunity – Director of Services (Non-Union position) All Districts
Competition #: 24-13R
Location: All Districts
Job type: Full-Time – 35 hours per week
Closing Date: February 22, 2024 @ 4:30 PM
What you’ll do in the role
- Ensure that all child welfare services are compliant with Ministry standards and required reporting continuum.
- Provides direct consultative supervision to managers, supervisors in the management of high-risk cases, serious occurrences, and child death.
- Co-chair with internal counsel standing committee necessitating legal action with respect to child(ren) at risk of coming into care and respecting the rights of parent/caregiver.
- Oversight of KCFS’s district offices with respect specific model of service including after hours/on-call.
- Oversight of service expenditures as member of the Executive Financial Committee (EFC).
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in strategic planning, signs of safety framework, process, and implementation strategies, to optimize quality and attainment of goals within service delivery.
- Analysis of child welfare in Ontario with respect to C-92 and bring forward recommendations to the Executive Director and the senior management team for the development of protocols with each First Nation.
- Effective leadership/management through direct supervision and discipline to ensure that services are provided in an integrated and coordinated manner in accordance with all legislative requirements, ministry standards, and the Agency’s system of service practice structure.
- Established progressive management skills to ensure results within the supervisory and management service teams.
- Acts on behalf of the Executive Director as needed and represents KCFS within First Nations committee meetings, stakeholder meetings, Ministry communications and other duties as deemed necessary for the business of the agency.
- Experience in working with culturally appropriate service models for First Nations people.
Just a few reasons to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team with career growth across multiple departments.
- KCFS prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, and a safe working environment.
- Training opportunities to support your success in the role.
- A defined contribution benefit pension plan (OMERS)
- Comprehensive Health Plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance.
- Competitive vacation leaves
What you bring to the table
- MSW Degree, registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers, a minimum of 10 years of progressive work experience in Social Work with 5 years’ experience in a senior management role relevant to direct service experience working with children, youth, and families within Child Welfare and with First Nations.
- Thorough knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, Youth Criminal Justice Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act and other pertinent legislation and Ministry guidelines.
- Ethical leadership skills with excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiating, decision making, planning, organizational, administrative, and oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s license, be willing to travel and able to work flexible hours.
- Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Ability to speak a native language considered a major asset.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to: [email protected], or by fax to 705-266-9122
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify.
Meegwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.