Employment Opportunity – Contract (3) Jordan’s Principle Worker (Union position) – Timmins
Competition #: 23-52R
Job type: Full-Time 35 hours per week – Contract (up until March 31, 2025, pending funding with a possibility of extension pending funding)
Salary: starting @ $54,296
Closing Date: June 7, 2023 @ 4:30 PM
What you’ll do in the role
- Work closely with children in care workers to ensure that children have access to services
- Determine services and supports that would benefit the child/youth
- Support a child and family – centered approach to coordinating and connecting services
- Work closely with finance to get funding approved for child or youth’s needs
- Help families navigate the health and social systems; determine where and how services can be accessed
- Help with referrals for assessments to appropriate professional, or provide assessment if within scope of practice
- Build case management capacity through the development of policies, procedures, and protocols, related to screening and assessment, service planning, monitoring and evaluation of service plans and staff training.
- Reach out to families within catchment area and invite them to use the enhanced service coordination
- Enhance awareness in communities of existing services and supports
- Build relationships with communities and collaborate with those providing existing community-based services
- Work to proactively identify children with unmet needs to facilitate early intervention and timely access to services and resources
Just a few reasons to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team with career growth across multiple departments.
- KCFS prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, and a safe working environment.
- Training opportunities to support your success in the role.
- A defined contribution benefit pension plan (OMERS)
- Comprehensive Health Plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance.
- Competitive vacation leaves
What you bring to the table
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to: [email protected], or by fax to 705-266-9122
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
Meegwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.