Employment Opportunity – Payroll and Pension Administrator (Non-Union Position)
COMPETITION #: 23-03R
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
STATUS: Full Time
CLOSING DATE: February 7, 2023 @ 4:30 PM
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Payroll and Pension Administrator is responsible for processing timely and accurate payroll in accordance with collective agreements, Agency and government policies, regulations, and guidelines. The incumbent will be responsible for providing pension administration in accordance the plan’s rules and requirements. The incumbent will also be required to meet all remittance and reporting deadlines, and assist with Ministry reporting
What you will do in this role
- Review attendance records and complete corresponding payroll transactions in accordance with pay period end dates
- Follow up with managers/approver/employees for incomplete time sheets and/or HRIS entries
- Audit attendance records, and ensure all weekly time entries are captured for processing; correcting data as needed prior to the start of payroll processing
- Process employee information changes which include new hires, manual adjustments, bank changes, tax information, addition of benefit premiums, employee deductions and increases
- Create Records of Employment and respond to any government inquiries
- Report and remit all payroll related payments which include but are not limited to: WSIB, EHT OMERS, CPP, EI, Income Tax, and Union dues, in accordance with deadlines
- Collaborate and work with accounting team to assist in reconciliation of all payroll related accounts.
- Export payroll data to (Penlieu) accounting software in general ledger and/or other source deductions
- Execute the administration of year-end activities and reporting (including any monthly reporting as applicable) and the creation and distribution of T4s
- Liaise with internal and external auditors for audit testing as required
- Ability to work within the policies, standards, procedures and the vision, mission and core values of Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule as position may include some evenings and Saturday’s
What you bring to the table
- Diploma or degree in an accounting program, or equivalent (business related field of study such as Business Administration, Commerce or Finance) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation
- Minimum 1 year of payroll experience working with HRIS and payroll systems
- Strong knowledge of payroll legislative requirements and pension act
- Intermediate level Excel skills with the ability to produce accurate data reports
- Proficiency in using standard corporate software including Excel and data base applications.
- Detail oriented with a strong aptitude for working with numbers
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities to meet inflexible deadlines in a busy environment with constant interruptions
- Strong communication skills and ability to impart knowledge to others
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to: [email protected], or by fax to: 705-266-9122
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
Meegwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.