This is an exciting time to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services!
Employment Opportunity – Alternative Care Worker (union)
Competition #: 22-82
Posting Date: November 22, 2022
Location: Timmins, ON
Job type: Contract: 12 Months
Closing Date: November 29, 2022 @ 4:30pm
Salary: Starting at $59,312
What you’ll do in the role
- Ensure the adherence to the Agency’s Alternative Care policies and procedures; Subscribe to the organizational mission, values, and philosophy of Kunuwanimano
- Promote and support the agency’s Child and Family Services programs
- Develop a network complement of Alternative Care providers within the eleven (11) member First Nation communities and Agency`s jurisdiction
- Recruit, select, train, and support Alternative Care providers and families within the Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services catchment area
- Facilitate the Adoption home-study and process as per standards
- Develop and ensure the consistent adherence to an agency protocol for the placement of a child(ren) in care
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of each Alternative Care placement
- Assess and recommend or decide upon financial requests from Alternative Care providers within the financial authorities delegated by the Board of Directors
- Maintain records and produce program reports as per licensing standards
- Participate constructively in staff meetings, seminars, training sessions as required by the Program Supervisor; and,
- Participates in community events and activities, which promote a positive image of the agency.
- Perform other duties as required.
Just a few reasons to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team with career growth across multiple departments
- KCFS prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages and a safe working environment.
- Training opportunities to support your success in the role
- A defined contribution benefit pension plan (OMERS)
- Comprehensive Health Plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Competitive vacation leave
What you bring to the table
- Completion of BSW, (Native Specialty preferred) or Diploma or Certificate in Child Care and/or Social Services may also be considered
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in children’s residential service; preferably with First Nation families
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant legislation including CYFSA
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to operate, and evaluate, Foster Care and Children in Care standards and programs.
- Excellent record keeping, case management and statistical data collection skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, evaluation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent assessment and training skills required for the selection, training, supervision and support of Alternative Care providers and families
- Demonstrated proficiency with various software packages including but not limited to word processing, database, Frontline and or spreadsheet applications
- Must be willing to work flexible hours; Must be willing to travel and provide on-call services when required
- Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must possess a valid “G” Ontario driver`s license and have access to a reliable vehicle with a $2 million rider liability
- Able to speak a Native language is an asset
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to: [email protected], or by fax to: 705-266-9122
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
Meegwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.