Quality Assurance Specialist – Prevention/Finance (Non-Union)
Competition #: 22-69
Location: Timmins, ON
Job type: Full-Time-35 hours per week
Closing Date: Sept 29 ’[email protected]:30pm
What you’ll do in the role
- Maintain and update requirements and guidelines for RESP and OCBE; including both Ministry and ISC reporting’s completion (yearly & quarterly), as per Ministry guidance and policy.
- Responsible to keep track of all child welfare agreements to avoid errors in payment/investment/reporting.
- Extract data from our Child Information system to complete and update prevention stats for provincial/federal funding reports.
- Creating and maintaining advance level excel sheets and PIVOT tables.
- Maintain and execute all functions of OCBE requirements.
- Maintain updated statement for child/youth qualifying for RESP; maintain and communicate with child/youth until obligations are met under Ministry guidelines and policy.
- Responsible for all RESP files calculations, cheque requisitions, banking transactions; including assurance of confidentiality.
- Monitor and prepare any billing for child welfare and coordinate Health Benefit for all childcare expenditures.
- Responsible to input data in child welfare documentations system; while responsible for ensuring the balancing of data with General Ledger; including preparation Adjusting Journal Entries (AJE).
- Develop internal processes and maintain open communications with management to ensure compliances.
- Monitor and verify database entries and maintain high confidential database client record
- Providing input and suggestions to help better the data quality improvements.
- Training staff on data entry for OCBE, VYSA, and RESP
Just a few reasons to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team with career growth across multiple departments
- KCFS prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, and a safe working environment
- Training opportunities to support your success in the role
- A defined contribution benefit pension plan (OMERS)
- Comprehensive Health Plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Competitive vacation leaves
What you bring to the table
- Ability to provide technical guidance and instruction to users of the client tracking systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as they relate to data recordings and reporting applications.
- Good interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a highly organized fashion.
- Work productively with limited supervision.
- Ensure that the data entry and reporting functions operates smoothly and effectively throughout the agency.
- Demonstrated proficiency with various software packages including but not limited to Word and excel spreadsheet; an advanced level of using excel as an analytical tool.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare relevant reports.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent planning, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Possess an understanding of services to First Nation children, families and communities.
- Class “G” license and daily use of a reliable vehicle and willing to travel.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to: [email protected], or by fax to 705-266-9122
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
Meegwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.