This is an exciting time to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services!
Resource Retention Specialist (Non-Union position)
Competition #: 22-43
Department: Child Protection/Alternative Care
Posting Date: June 16, 2022
Location: Timmins, ON – with regular and frequent travel throughout the district
Job type: Full Time – 35 hours per week
Closing Date: June 30, 2022 @ 4:30pm
What you’ll do in the role
- Develop a network complement of Alternative Care providers and First Nation communities within the agency’s jurisdiction.
- Subscribe to the organizational mission, values and philosophy of Kunuwanimano
- Recruit, select, train and support Alternative Care providers and families within the Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services catchment area
- Develop and ensure the consistent adherence to an agency protocol for the placement of a child(ren) in care placements
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of each Alternative Care placement
- Ensure the development and delivery of culturally appropriate, comprehensive orientation and training package for Alternative Care providers
- Assist in analyzes service issues and contributes to facilitating positive change by advocating for and supporting the necessary systemic changes
- Communicates and explains Agency and Ministry policy to First Nations via regular contact and ongoing dialogue with community members and First Nation staff as requested
- Create a network of alternative caregivers to ensure proper supports are in place, as well as encouraging AC homes to utilize their networks as supports.
- Establishes a schedule of regular meetings with the First Nations to identify and prioritize their organizational development and policy requirements related to service delivery and service integration and assists in the preparation of First Nation work plans to achieve these requirements
Just a few reasons to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team with career growth across multiple departments
- KCFS prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, and a safe working environment.
- Training opportunities to support your success in the role
- A defined contribution benefit pension plan (OMERS)
- Comprehensive Health Plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Competitive vacation leaves and above average leave packages
What you bring to the table
- Completion of BSW, (Native Specialty preferred) or Diploma or Certificate in Child Care and/or Social Services may also be considered; Minimum of two (2) years’ experience providing direct service to children and families is required; preferably with First Nation families
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant legislation related to Alternative Care including (Part IV, CYFSA)
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to evaluate Foster Care and Children in Care standards and programs.
- Excellent communication, organizational, evaluation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent assessment and training skills required for the recruitment, selection, and training of Alternative Care providers
- Experience in marketing and public relations would be assets
- Required, of critical importance, is a sensitivity, respect and knowledge of the First Nation communities and aboriginal culture, and in keeping with the teaching of the seven Grandfathers
- Able to speak a Native language is an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours, be on-call and work unplanned overtime
- Must be able to travel, possess a valid “G” Ontario driver`s license and have daily access to a reliable vehicle with $2 million rider liability insurance coverage
- Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to: HR@kunuwanimano.com, or by fax to: 705-266-9122
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
Meegwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.