Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: EDUCATION LIAISON – (Union Position)
LOCATION: All Districts
STATUS: Full time – 35 hours per week
SALARY: starting at $45,665
CLOSING DATE: August 10, 2022 @ 4:30PM
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Services, the Education Liaison is responsible for coordinating educational supports and provide culturally responsive system navigation support for children and youth.
- BSW degree or diploma in Child and Youth Worker or Social Service Worker program.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working within a human service environment
- Experience working with First Nations children and youth
- Knowledge and linkages with the education sector to help resolve issues that may impact student learning
- Ability to analyze situations and take appropriate action in a variety of situations
- Ability to provide services in crisis situations, remaining calm and using good judgement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and administrative skills
- Must produce an acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Valid G Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle with appropriate liability insurance is required
- Coordinate education supports for our children and youth receiving services from our Agency
- Collaborate with educators, Protection and Alternative Care workers, and other key partners
- Develop, implement, and monitor education plans for children and youth in care in accordance with identified needs
- Provide guidance and counsel to increase the knowledge and skills of Child Protection Workers and Alternative caregivers in the promotion of academic success and education supports
- Provide liaison services with administrative staff, as required, with all school boards within our Agency’s district directed at the improvement of educational outcomes for children and youth in care
- Provide counsel and assists Child Protection Workers on methods and strategies to assist in the development of specific educational supports to children and youth serviced by Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
- Promote positive educational outcomes for children and youth
- Provide liaison services with postsecondary institutions to support youth transitions
- Provide consultation services to community partners of Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services to encourage and develop initiatives to improve educational outcomes for children and youth
- Provide representation on provincial committees to support educational planning and research
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to [email protected], by fax to 705 266-9122 or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, Ontario, P4N 7H2
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.