Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: Data Analyst (Non-Union Position)
LOCATION: All Districts
STATUS: Full Time-Contract-35 hrs/week (up to 12 months with a strong possibility of extension)
SALARY: $70,000 per annum
CLOSING DATE: January 21, 2022 @ 4:30pm
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Finance and Information Technology, the Data Analyst a person not only skilled in writing and running SQL to find data quality issues in our data, but also someone that will be able to take those findings and recommend corrections to the data team/council, and on approval, to make those changes in the front-end system.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years robust experience in SQL, with a good understanding of the theory underlying relational algebra – unions (full outer joins), intersections (inner joins), and variations enabled by left and right joins
- 3-5 years experience in data quality as a data steward, identifying critical data elements and co-defining data quality metrics and thresholds for those critical data elements, as well as identifying and correcting data quality issues by means of these findings
- A willingness to learn to use our new front-end systems, which will be used by you to capture the corrected data into
- Technical writing – the ability to create structured reports, highlighting how data varies from the data quality rules that have been defined for each data element, and to thus formally document results as part of the audit record
- Capturing the metadata related to each critical data element in an agency repository or in an alternative tool. The nature of this metadata should include the meaning of the data element, and whether the data element constitutes Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College diploma\University degree or 3 years equivalent work experience in data.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated understanding, and commitment to, integrating the Agency’s Mission and values into practice, service, and relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of workplace Health and Safety practices and understanding of an employee’s responsibility under current legislation.
- Data quality policy and process development experience
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP)
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.A detailed job description is available upon request.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 266-9122, or by mail to:
Human Resources, Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, Ontario, P4N 2H7
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.