Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: PROGRAM SUPPORT WORKER (Union Position)
STATUS: Full Time – 35 hours per week
SALARY: $ 42,132 – $55,443 per annum
CLOSING DATE: February 25, 2021 at 4:30pm
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Supervisor of Administration, the Program Support position is responsible for providing support to the designated Service Team or Branch Office, which includes administrative functions.
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field (social service worker, child & youth worker, etc.), also, relevant post-secondary diploma/certificate in office administration or equivalent; combination of education and experience within a human service environment may be considered;
- 1-3 years related experience in office administration with progressively responsible administrative responsibilities;
- Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ability to speak a native language considered a major asset.
- Demonstrate excellent planning, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in order to liaise with a variety of internal and external contacts; oral and written communication skills
- Receives, reviews and screens mail, email, voicemail, telephone calls and faxes on behalf of the service team and where appropriate exercises independent judgment;
- Prepares and maintains a variety of documentation on behalf of the service team including e-mails, memos, letters, reports and related documents and ensures the accuracy of grammar and spelling;
- Arranges meetings and appointments; prepares agendas and takes and distributes minutes; coordinates all room and facilitates bookings as required; arranges room set-up; orders audio-visual materials and refreshments, etc.;
- Arranges transportation for children at home or in care to attend a variety of appointments, visits, meetings and/or court;
- Maintains, revises, distributes, and archives Client Services policies and procedures in hard copy and electronic formats in accordance with the agency’s policy on records storage and retention;
- Ensures client records, documents, case recordings and case notes are up to date;
- Provides coverage for the Executive Assistant position and Reception as required;
- Participates on a variety of internal committees and work teams as required;
- Provides support to members of the service team during the investigation of allegations of child abuse and/or maltreatment inclusive of conducting thorough records checks;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member and willing to assume duties as may be required or directed;
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package and opportunities for professional development.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.A detailed job description is available upon request.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 268-9272 or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, Ontario, P4N 6K6
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.