Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: Reintegration Worker (Union Position)
LOCATION: Timmins, ON – with regular and frequent throughout the district
STATUS: CONTRACT (up to 6 months) – 35 hours per week
SALARY: $45,665 – $57,080 per annum
CLOSING DATE: February 26, 2021 @ 4:30pm
Reporting to the Prevention Supervisor, the Reintegration Worker shall be responsible for developing effective models to reduce recidivism and support youth from custody, particularly those who have limited personal support, educational or work opportunities and life skills. The worker aims to improve the quality of life for youth from custody by increasing their ability to participate in healthy relationships, social events, and in the institutions that affect their lives.
Education and Experience:
- Social Service Worker diploma or Law and Justice related diploma
- Two or more years or working experience in the area of Youth Criminal Justice Services
- Knowledge of the Youth Criminal Justice Act
- Understanding of Government regulations and reporting requirements
- Finalizing the overall Post Release Service Plan goals and objectives ensuring prescribed interventions outlines in service plan are adhered to focus on therapeutic aftercare, supportive peer mentoring, cultural supports and employment and/or educational goals are maintained
- Experience working with First Nations people and culture
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Performs excellent case management duties, maintains records as per agency policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Government Regulations and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency with various software packages including but not limited to word processing, database and or spreadsheet applications
- Compile and report statistical data on a quarterly basis or as requested by management
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and coordinate programs and related activities
- Ability to work independently and a willingness to work flexible hours
- Motivated, self-directed; ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional organizational skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn to use new software
- Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s license, must be willing to travel and work flexible hours
- Ability to speak a First Nation language will be considered a major asset.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.A detailed job description is available upon request.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 266-9122, or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, Ontario, P4N 2H7
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.