Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: Accounting Clerk – (Union Position)
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
STATUS: Full Time – 35 hours per week
SALARY: $42,132 – $55,443
CLOSING DATE: January 29, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for processing, recording, measuring, classifying, and communicating the economic and financial activity of the agency, and providing administrative support to the administration and finance department.
- Journalizes and posts all monetary and non-monetary transactions in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP);
- Maintains Accounts Payable and Account Receivable filing system and record retention, ensuring files are properly maintained, and information is easily accessible;
- Ensures that all payables and receivables are up-to-date;
- Conducts bank reconciliations on a monthly basis;
- Maintains and reconciles petty cash on a regular basis;
- Conducts banking matters as required;
- Consult direct Finance Manager when issues are encountered;
- Ensures all transactions are in compliance with the Financial and Human Resource Policies;
- Assists the Finance Manager and the Director of Administration with other departmental duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a two year Diploma and/or possess an Accounting Designation
- Must have two years bookkeeping experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical competence with word processing and Financial applications
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must possess a valid class “G” driver’s license
- Ability to communicate in a Native Language an asset.
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package and opportunities for professional development.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.A detailed job description is available upon request.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 266 9122 or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, ON P4N 2H7
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.