Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: PAYROLL & PENSION ADMINISTRATOR (Non-Union Position)
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
STATUS: Full Time
SALARY: $55,000 – $70,928
CLOSING DATE: February 13, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Finance Specialist, the Payroll and Pension Administrator is responsible for processing timely and accurate payroll in accordance with collective agreements, Agency and government policies, regulations, and guidelines. The incumbent will be responsible for providing pension administration in accordance the plan’s rules and requirements. The incumbent will also be required to meet all remittance and reporting deadlines, and assist with Ministry reporting
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or degree in an Accounting program, or equivalent (business related field of study such as Business Administration, Human Resources, Commerce or Finance) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation
- Minimum 1 year of payroll experience working with HRIS and payroll systems
- Strong knowledge of payroll legislative requirements and pension act
- Intermediate level Excel skills with the ability to produce accurate data reports
- Proficiency in using standard corporate software including Excel and data base applications.
- Detail oriented with a strong aptitude for working with numbers
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities to meet inflexible deadlines in a busy environment with constant interruptions
- Strong communication skills and ability to impart knowledge to others
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Review attendance records and complete corresponding payroll transactions in accordance with pay period end dates
- Follow up with managers/approver/employees for incomplete time sheets and/or HRIS entries
- Audit attendance records, and ensure all weekly time entries are captured for processing; correcting data as needed prior to the start of payroll processing
- Process employee information changes which include: new hires, manual adjustments, bank changes, tax information, addition of benefit premiums, employee deductions and increases
- Create Records of Employment and respond to any government inquiries
- Report and remit all payroll related payments which include but are not limited to: WSIB, EHT OMERS, CPP, EI, Income Tax, and Union dues, in accordance to deadlines
- Collaborate and work with accounting team to assist in reconciliation of all payroll related accounts.
- Export payroll data to (Penlieu) accounting software in general ledger and/or other source deductions
- Execute the administration of year-end activities and reporting (including any monthly reporting as applicable) and the creation and distribution of T4s
- Liaise with internal and external auditors for audit testing as required
- Ability to work within the policies, standards, procedures and the vision, mission and core values of Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services;
We offer a competitive benefits, pension and compensation package and opportunities for professional development.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.A detailed job description is available upon request.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 266-9122, or by mail to:
Human Resources, Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, Ontario, P4N 2H7
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.