Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: HR Assistant (Non-Union Position)
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
STATUS: Full Time – Contract- 35 hours per week (up to 12 months)
SALARY: $48,820 – $62,958 per annum
CLOSING DATE: September 21, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and human resource support in a number of H.R. functional areas. As the first point of contact regarding H.R. matters, the Human Resources Assistant exercises good judgment in assisting managers and staff on a variety of human resource matters.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in human resources, business or other related discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Broad knowledge of all functional human resources programs and services.
- Must demonstrate technical competence in a variety of MS applications and HR software applications.
- Experience working with First Nations people
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of all relevant provincial legislation, regulations, and acts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and abilities to prioritize multiple demands.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to speak a Native language will be considered a major asset.
We offer a competitive benefits, pension and compensation package and opportunities for professional development.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.A detailed job description is available upon request.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 266-9122, or by mail to:
Human Resources, Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, Ontario, P4N 2H7
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.