Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: HOUSING SUPPORT WORKER – CONTRACT (Union Position)
LOCATION: All District
STATUS: Contract – Ending March 31, 2021 (with the possibility of an extension pending funding)
SALARY: $38,201 – $49,264per annum
CLOSING DATE: March 30, 2020 @4:30PM
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Prevention Supervisor, the Housing Support Worker (HSW) shall support youth 16-17 years of age who are in care with a children’s aid society (CAS) and who are transitioning to independence with holistic supports in place. The HSW will be deliver services through a preventative role assisting youth in the areas of employment, housing, medical and clinical therapeutic services.
- Social Service Worker diploma or (Law and Justice related diploma)
- Two or more years of working experience in the area of (Youth Criminal Justice Services-)working with youth within social services systems
- Experience in the provision of support services to at risk Indigenous Youth
- Experience in the assessment of an adolescents state of health and well-being
- Excellent planning, organizational, and administrative skills
- Must produce an acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Valid G Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle with appropriate liability insurance is required
- Actively engage the youth in decision making and promote the youths voluntary participation in service,
- Assessing the youth to build on their strengths and address the protection issues that are impacting them
- Support youth to make decisions to help minimize risk and promote their best interests, protecting and well-being
- Youth should have access to culturally appropriate services, community-based supports and opportunities to support their self-development and connection to their cultures, heritages, traditions and reflect holistic approaches and support indigenous youth to remain connected with family, extended family and communities.
- Assess risk and needs of the youth
- Based on the needs of the young person who has identified issues of addictions would be linked up with the (HSW worker) internal and/or external staff/services who has prior work experience in the field.
- Will create youth centered service plan, which will outline strength, needs, target dates and outcomes from primarily a youth perspective.
- Provide linkages to outside service providers when necessary
- Ensure that the specific needs and rights of 16 to 17 year olds are met
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package, and opportunities for professional development
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 266-9122 or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, Ontario, P4N 7H2
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.