Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: Building & Maintenance Facilitator (Non-Union)
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
STATUS: Full Time – 35 hours per week
SALARY: $47,000-$61,849 per annum
CLOSING DATE: March 17, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the IT & Maintenance Manager, the Building & Maintenance Facilitator is responsible to perform, plans, directs, coordinates and controls all facility maintenance to ensure proper safety, sanitation and mechanical functions for all Kunuwanimano’s facilities including grounds and equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Background in Construction, electrical or mechanical engineering or Journeyman Certification
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience of facilities maintenance experience.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of building technical codes and standards
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Obtain, and/or write quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate all maintenance work to properly maintain Kunuwanimano’s facilities and grounds in all districts
- Evaluation maintenance requests, set priorities and process work assignments
- Coordinate and monitor activities of contract suppliers
- Establishes and maintains a reliable network of outside vendors and suppliers to ensure cost-effective and timely support of the maintenance functions
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of competing and urgent demands;
- Excellent planning, organizational, administrative, oral, and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills;
- Must produce a negative Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ability to speak a Native language will be considered an asset;
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision;
- Must possess a valid class ‘G’ driver’s licence, have daily access to a reliable vehicle with a $2 million rider liability insurance;
- Must be willing to travel and to work flexible hours.
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.A detailed job description is available upon request.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 266-9122, or by mail to:
Human Resources, Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, Ontario, P4N 2H7
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.