Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: SUMMER STUDENTS
CLOSING DATE: March 20, 2020 at 4:30pm
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Executive Assistant, and as part of the Child and Family Services team, the Summer Student is responsible for providing administrative support to a designated Service Team or Branch Office
- Students enrolled in a College or University program in a field related to the position
- Full-time student during the 2019/2020 academic year and returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2019
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in order to liaise with a variety of internal and external contacts;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to speak a Native language will be considered a major asset.
- Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and $2million rider liability insurance
- Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and Driver’s Abstract
- First Nation and/or Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to apply
- Prepares and maintains a variety of documentation on behalf of the designated team and Program Supervisor including e-mails, memos, letters, reports and related documents and ensures the accuracy of grammar and spelling;
- Handles requests for information and other administrative duties as required;
- Office and clerical duties;
- Maintains daily appointment calendar including preparing materials and documents in preparation for all meetings;
- Arranges meetings and appointments, prepares agendas and takes and distributes minutes, coordinates all room and facilitates bookings as required, arranges room set-up, orders audio-visual materials and refreshments, etc.;
- Coordinates travel arrangements, hotel accommodations, and conference registration and prepares itineraries;
- Maintains, revises, distributes, and archives policies and procedures in hard copy and electronic formats in accordance with the agency’s policy on records storage and retention;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member and willing to assume duties as may be required or directed;
- Assist and participate in the agency summer programs
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.A detailed job description is available upon request.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 266-9122 or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar Street South
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.