Reporting to the Program Supervisor, and as part of the Child and Family Services team, the Case Aide Worker is responsible for supporting the Service Team in the delivery of services to an assigned caseload of children and families within the 11 First Nations communities served by Kunuwanimano in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act in the province of Ontario
• Post-secondary diploma in a related field (social service worker, child & youth worker, etc.), also, relevant post-secondary diploma/certificate in office administration or equivalent; combination of education and experience within a human service environment may be considered;
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in order to liaise with a variety of internal and external contacts;
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
• Ability to speak a Native language will be considered a major asset.
• Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and $2million rider liability insurance
• Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and Driver’s Abstract
• Provides fair, equitable, respectful and culturally relevant service to First Nations children and families, consistent with the vision, mission and values of Kunuwanimano and subscribes to the organization’s values and complies with its’ By
• Law’s, Policies and Procedures;
• Arranges transportation for children at home or in care to attend a variety of appointments, visits, meetings and/or court;
• Ensures client records, documents, case recordings and case notes are up-to-date;
• Participates on a variety of internal committees and work teams as required;
• Provides support to members of the service team during the investigation of allegations of child abuse and/or maltreatment inclusive of conducting thorough records checks;
• Ability to work independently and as a team member and willing to assume duties as may be required or directed;
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package and opportunities for professional development.