Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: (3) On-Call Relief Worker (Union Position)
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
STATUS: Full Time/ 35 hours per week
SALARY: $412.50 per tour, plus 4% vacation
CLOSING DATE: open until filled
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the On-Call Relief Worker is responsible for responding to all calls received by the agency outside of normal office hours. This person is responsible for the provision of a broad range of child welfare services including intake, assessment, and clinical interventions with children and their families.
- Community College Diploma or High School Diploma with direct related experience. However, others with a combination of skills, education and experience that would allow them to do the job may be considered.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other emergency service providers
- Display respect and consideration when dealing with clients, foster and parents, other service providers
- Complete the forms and reports as required
- Ensures confidentiality and safeguarding of all agency and client records.
- Perform intake, assessment and investigation duties including receiving referrals, screening referrals to determine jurisdiction, and, that there are reasonable and probable grounds to initiate investigation
- Provide or arrange for emergency services such as bringing children to a place of safety; the provision of in-home support; emergency financial assistance.
- Advise the supervisor immediately of serious occurrences or other case situations.
- Seek supervisory involvement and approval on all decision or actions before an action or decision is made
- Ensure all documents are complete and ready for next business day
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com/employment.htm, for posting details.A detailed job description is available upon request.Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to 705 266-9122 or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child & Family Services
401 Cedar St. South
Timmins, Ontario, P4N 2H7
Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.